What To Expect
Across the three stages you will be judged on the criteria below. Please submit your stage 1 entry via Google forms in the button below.
You will be messaged further details for submission of your stage 2 entry if selected. At stage 3 you will be invited to the virtual event.
Entries submitted for Stage 1 can address some of the topics below, be no more than 200 words, and be submitted by Feb 4th 2024.
Stage 1 Judging Criteria
- The idea should be clear, well-structured and comprehensive within the word limit.
- The idea should demonstrate the potential to make a significant, positive environmental impact.
- The idea should be innovative and can either be entirely new or a new application of an existing product, solution or technology.
- The idea should be technically feasible and commercially viable.
Those entrants chosen for Stage 2 will be required to submit a short 2 minute video submission introducing both the team and their Clean Tech Proposal. Videos are due February 18th 2024.
Stage 2 Details
Your video submission should consist of the following
- A simple introduction of each team member including their individual background and current employment or academic status
- A high-level overview of your Clean Tech Business idea and why you are excited about pursuing it
Entries submitted for Stage 3 should be PowerPoint presentations no more than 20 slides in length and submitted in PDF format by March 10th 2024.
Stage 3 Guidelines
- Within the body of the email, please include the following information about each participant: Full Name, Nationality, University Degree, and Expected Graduation Date. We suggest a minimum of two team members to be in each group for Stage 3.
- Stage 3 entries should be the equivalent of an “investor deck” – the slide deck the team would use to draw Angel Investors or other early stage investors to their idea. These investor decks should address the following topics in addition to any other information that would be relevant to a potential investor:
- Business Idea (what does your business do – what product do you create, what service do you provide)
- Environmental Impact (what is the environmental impact, is it measurable)
- Total Addressable Market (how many customers fit your end user profile, what is the total revenue potential)
- Profitability and Unit Economics (what is the estimated margin of the product or service, what are the R&D costs, what are the marketing costs)
- Competitive Landscape (who is your competition, who is doing something similar, why is your business better)
- Defensibility (what is your competitive advantage, how do you deter competitors)
- Monetization of Product (who are your customers, how do you charge for the product or service)
- Funding Need for Proof-of-Concept or Proof-of-Market (what cash investment is needed)
- Team (what is your background, how does the team work together)
Bootcamp Details – April 23rd to 24th 2024
The virtual event will kick off on Tuesday morning (GMT) when each team will present a 5 minute pitch. The presentations will be followed by the issue of the Challenge Question. This question will be relevant and stimulating, but will challenge business assumptions and put ideas to the test.
- The virtual event will kick off on Tuesday morning (GMT) when each team will present a 5 minute pitch. The presentations will be followed by the issue of the Challenge Question. This question will be relevant and stimulating, but will challenge business assumptions and put ideas to the test.
- After receiving the challenge question, teams will have roughly 24 hours to prepare and present their answer before a panel of judges on Wednesday. During those 24 hours, teams will be matched with mentors and will have time to work with them as they hone their responses.
- The final event will take place on Wednesday, where each team will present their pitch and response to the Challenge Question and face questions from the panel of judges. The judges will deliberate immediately following the final presentations, and the winner will be announced that evening.
- More details will be provided to the winning teams via email.